If you’re hiring out products, machinery, equipment or other goods, it’s a good idea to have an agreement in place with your customers to set out the terms of the hire.
And, if you’re hiring out these items online, you’ll need an Online Hire Agreement.
What Is An Online Hire Agreement?
As an online hire business, an Online Hire Agreement will be the main contract you use with your customers whenever they hire something from you.
Generally, it will set out a clear description of the goods or services you are offering, how payments and refunds are managed, what happens in the event of a dispute, and other important protections and limitations specific to the situation.
Since you’re offering these goods for hire online, an Online Hire Agreement will also include terms around making payments online and how delivery will work.
Why Do I Need A Hire Agreement As An Online Business?
The main reason to have a well-drafted Online Hire Agreement as an online business is to make sure that both parties are on the same page.
An Online Hire Agreement will:
- Set out the rules. Online Hire Agreements clearly set out clauses addressing what you will provide to the client and what happens when something you provide is lost or damaged. This will include provisions regarding expected timeframes, delivery and return shipping, and what happens if a customer damages your goods.
- Cover your bases. What happens if a hire is cancelled? What happens if a customer is hurt due to a product they hired from you? An Online Hire Agreement will cover all bases and propose solutions for what to do in these situations.
- Limit your liability. As an online hire business, you may come across situations where clients are not happy with the products or services they received and wish to dispute payment. An Online Hire Agreement will include disclaimers and clauses that clearly outline what you are and aren’t responsible for — saving you headaches down the track.
What Is Included In An Online Hire Agreement?
The specific details included within Online Hire Agreements are typically customised for each business depending on their individual circumstances and what requirements they have from such a contract.
However, the agreement would generally include clauses relating to:
- Payment terms
- Delivery and Return Shipping
- Cancellation/ Changes to Orders
- Intellectual Property Ownership
- Liability protections
Having a well-drafted Online Hire Agreement will ensure that you are protected in the event that a dispute arises, as well as laying out your processes clearly to your customers.
At Sprintlaw, our lawyers are experienced in drafting comprehensive, easy-to-understand and user-friendly Online Hire Agreements.
Feel free to get in touch to get things started on your Online Hire Agreement! Our friendly team can be reached at 1800 730 617 or at email@example.com.
Need legal help?
Get a free, fixed-fee quote.
We'll get back to you within 1 business day.