We’re looking for a senior legal consultant to be our first in-house counsel at Sprintlaw UK.
We’re a disruptive new kind of law firm with a mission to change the way legal services are delivered. Our mission is to provide affordable and accessible legal services for startups and small businesses. After years of award-winning growth in Australia, our firm expanded into the English market in 2020. We’re now growing our team and looking for a senior generalist to join us on a flexible basis.
We’re focused on efficiency, simplicity and embracing technology, and have been recognised as the NewLaw Firm of the Year at the 2020 Australian Law Awards and in Deloitte’s 2020 Asia Pacific Technology Fast 500. Find out more about us in this video.
We offer clients a range of fixed-fee legal packages covering everything that small businesses and startups need – company set up, contract review and negotiation, employment, capital raising and data protection. We run our business like a tech startup, with user experience, creativity and lean thinking at the core of our culture.
Position: Legal Consultant
Schedule: 2 to 3 days per week. Hours are flexible. Start ASAP.
Location: We are a remote first company and encourage you to WFH.
We’re looking for a qualified lawyer with previous experience in corporate/commercial law, preferably having worked in a UK-based private practice or in-house team servicing scale-up and technology clients. The role would be ideal for a 3 to 4 year PQE lawyer.
Specialisation in any of the following areas would be favourably considered:
- Technology & commercial contracts
- Online businesses
- Privacy and data protection
- Start-up capital raising
- Business structuring
Our clients include all kinds of businesses, from local cafes to tech startups, so you’ll always have a variety of work.
If you’re ready to be part of an exciting and growing team that is changing the way legal services are delivered, then we’d love to receive your application.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts;
- Conveying complicated legal advice in a clear manner to non-legally aware stakeholders;
- Communicating key issues and providing succinct solutions on commercial or corporate issues;
- Contributing to thought leadership and raising the profile of the firm externally;
- Continuously improving and iterating on team’s operating systems; and
- Staying abreast of industry developments, particularly as they relate to the UK’s fast-growing tech ecosystem.
We’re a collaborative team that brings a supportive and positive vibe to work – but we also work flexibly and aren’t always around checking your work. This means that you’ll need to be able to be organised, work autonomously and show strong initiative.
Our preference for part-time staff is to be available at least 2 days a week and, for the first six months of engagement, at most 3 days a week (could be half days depending on the circumstances).
We have a fully distributed international team and take flexible working seriously. Our general approach is that you can choose how you best work, whether it be from home, the office, or somewhere else.
We also have an awesome company culture and you’ll always feel welcome at our virtual social events.
- Make a real difference in shaping the strategic direction of Sprintlaw UK;
- The opportunity to build out Sprintlaw’s UK legal function from the ground up and be part of a fast-growing international new law disruptor;
- Access to our industry-leading knowledge database and continuous training and development from our founders and the broader team;
- Work when and where convenient – we are a totally flexible team and encourage you to work in a way that best suits you; and
- Competitive compensation package and opportunity to convert into a full-time position in six months.
All successful candidates will be contacted within 5 working days of application. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, though, we are not always able to respond directly to everyone, but we will try our very best.
Please submit an application through Workable using the link below: