Start Date: February 2022
We’re looking for a confident and tech-savvy law graduate with excellent communication skills and an interest in NewLaw to join our team and help us on our journey to disrupt the legal industry!
We’re a disruptive new kind of law firm with a mission to change the way legal services are delivered. Our mission is to provide affordable and accessible legal services for Australian startups and small businesses.
We’re focused on efficiency, simplicity and embracing technology, and were recently awarded the NewLaw Firm of the Year at the 2020 Australian Law Awards, ranked in Deloitte’s APAC Technology Fast 500 2020 and selected as one of the 2020 Top 25 Employer of Choice law firms in Australia. We also recently launched in the UK. Find out more about us in this video.
We offer clients a range of fixed-fee legal packages covering everything that small businesses and startups need – company set up, contract review and negotiation, employment, capital raising and data protection. We run our business like a tech startup, with user experience, creativity and lean thinking at the core of our culture.
About Sprintlaw’s Graduate Program:
At Sprintlaw, we provide our lawyers with a clear career progression path. Right from the start, you know exactly what is expected of you, and what you need to do to reach that next level.
For our law graduates, the focus is getting you ready to work independently as quickly as possible. You could be running simple projects and communicating directly with clients in just a couple of months!
We will provide you with a series of intensive training programs to get you up to speed on the key skills you need to work as a lawyer at Sprintlaw. We provide useful resources and guides for the range of services that we offer, and we also pair you up with one of our senior lawyers, so you can work together with them and learn on the go.
No matter what stage you are at, there is always a team around you to support you and answer any questions you may have.
Why You Should Apply:
This job is best suited to someone who:
- Wants to become a lawyer to help people: Often at big firms you are a cog in the machinery, but at Sprintlaw you are working with smaller companies and get a real opportunity to make a difference to them using your professional legal expertise.
- Takes control of their learning: You will have high client contact from very early on, and be given the opportunity to work autonomously as soon as you can. You’ll have access to tech-enabled knowledge systems and a supportive environment, but your speed of growth is up to you.
- Wants a breadth of skills: The lawyers at Sprintlaw have the opportunity to work across a range of areas, rather than get pigeon-holed into a specific niche. You will have the opportunity to learn more about any areas that interest you (e.g. IP, employment, corporate, technology etc), but the main expertise is to help clients with their commercial problems by drawing on a breadth of knowledge. This role is not suitable for someone who wants to become highly specialised in one area of law.
- Is interested in startups & growth: Sprintlaw is a high growth company with exciting plans for the future. This role is great for someone who wants to experience working in a startup and is open to a constantly changing environment.
This is a graduate legal role – you have to have completed a law degree in Australia. We can supervise your PLT work experience if you are not already admitted as a lawyer.
Our team is fully distributed and can support on-boarding graduates anywhere in Australia. However, as we are a NSW registered law firm, we would prefer to be able to register your practising certificate in NSW.
Key Skills & Experience:
We are after people who are:
- Tech-savvy – be able to operate the various technology platforms we use
- Personable – be able to easily explain and communicate complex legal concepts to clients
- Independent – takes initiative to learn new things and values autonomy
- Efficient – we’re after people who know how to move quickly and get things done
- Responsible – understands the professional obligations of a lawyer and has great work ethics
Previous experience in a legal environment may be favourable but is not required. What we’re looking for is someone who is enthusiastic, learns quickly and is willing to try new things.
Our Work Environment:
We have a fully distributed team and take flexible working seriously. Our general approach is that you can choose how you best work, whether it be from home, the office, or somewhere else. For us it’s more than just taking your laptop home – we know that it takes effective project management, communication and transparent accountability to make flexible arrangements work.
We have an awesome company culture, and we place a lot of focus on keeping everyone connected and engaged – from regular social events, to health initiatives, to simply the way we work together in small, collaborative teams.
If you’re ready to be part of an exciting and growing team that is changing the way legal services are delivered, then we’d love to receive your application.
Please submit an application through Workable using the link below: