We’re a disruptive new kind of law firm with a mission to change the way legal services are delivered. Our mission is to provide affordable and accessible legal services for Australian startups and small businesses. We focus on efficiency, simplicity and embracing technology, and were recently awarded the NewLaw Firm of the Year at the 2020 Australian Law Awards and are one of the 2020 Top 25 Employer of Choice law firms in Australia. Find out more about us in this video.
We offer a range of fixed-fee legal packages covering everything that small businesses and startups need – company set up, contract review and negotiation, employment, intellectual property, capital raising and leases. We run our business like a tech startup, with user experience, creativity and lean thinking at the core of our culture.
We’re looking for an outgoing and confident university student with excellent communication skills and an interest in legal tech to join our team and help us on our journey to disrupt the legal industry!
Position: Legal Consultant
Schedule: 4 days per week (Minimum). Hours are flexible. Start ASAP.
Location: Our office is located at The Commons Central, Chippendale but we are a remote first company and encourage you to WFH.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Responding to customer enquiries via emails and over the phone
- Use your legal knowledge in order to scope and understand the type of legal service each customer requires
- Be the first point of contact for new enquires and explain how Sprintlaw works and why it is different and ‘better’ than traditional legal services
- Write up accurate and detailed legal briefs for our legal team
- Develop on-going relationships with customers
- Manage relationships by effectively using sales strategies and scheduling follow ups.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Developing sales and marketing strategies
- Attending business development events and activities
- This role is customer facing and involves a lot of communication with new clients and the legal team. Excellent customer service skills are essential.
- An appetite for sales and a genuine interest in assisting new and existing customers
- The ability to ‘think on your feet’ but also understand when to seek help from co-workers – you’ll have plenty of guidance from our lawyers who are subject matter experts.
- The ability to explain technical legal solutions in a simple yet effective way
- We’re a collaborative team that brings a supportive and positive vibe to work – but we also work flexibly and aren’t always around checking your work. This means that you’ll need to be able to be organised, work autonomously and show strong initiative.
- Proficiency with tech and sales processes
- Interest in startups, entrepreneurship, and disrupting the legal industry is a benefit.
- Make a real difference – Help shape the strategic direction of the company
- Receive continuous training and development from our founders and the broader team
- Work from home – We are a totally flexible team and encourage you to work in a way that best suits you
- Have the option of working from our vibrant office which has facilities such as a rooftop basketball court, unlimited breakfast bar, table tennis, foosball, arcade machines, a meditation room and library.
Please submit an application through Workable using the link below: