$1650 + GST
RETAIL LEASE REVIEW
WHAT’S IT FOR?
If you are moving into a new premises for your retail business, you’ll be required to negotiate and sign a retail lease. A retail leases is a type of commercial lease that creates binding legal obligations between you and the landlord that may last for many years. As a tenant, it is important that you have an expert lawyer review your lease to ensure you understand exactly what you’re committing to.
We’ll review a retail lease provided by you, highlight key issues and risks for you, and prepare a list of changes for you to request from the other side.
This package includes:
- Review of the retail lease by a Sprintlaw lawyer
- If required, review of the disclosure document and heads of agreement by a Sprintlaw lawyer
- Conducting and reviewing one title search on the leased premises
- Phone consultations (up to 60 minutes) with a Sprintlaw lawyer to walk you through the review (and settle your negotiating position if required).
- High-level written summary of the lease highlighting any key terms and issues, for your own records
- Optional: A written list of changes to the lease for you to request from the other side.
Please note that this is a limited scope package does not include re-drafting or marking-up the document. If re-drafting or marking-up is required, we will provide a new quote for the re-draft.
This package does not include any direct negotiations or correspondence with the counter-party or their lawyers, or reviewing any responses from the counter-party or their lawyers to the list of requested changes. If you need further negotiation support or additional rounds of review, we will provide a new quote scoped according to our Negotiation Support package. This scope also excludes stamping, assistance with execution or the obtaining of any approvals, any due diligence, and assumes that the transaction does not involve any employment, tax, accounting or other compliance issues.