If you’re a manufacturer or supplier and would like to engage someone to help sell your products to third parties, it’s a good idea to get a Reseller Agreement drafted.
A Reseller Agreement is a contract between your business and the other party who will be reselling your products.
Whether you are a designer, manufacturer, supplier or wholesaler; it’s a good idea to make sure the agreement is put down in writing.
What Is A Reseller Agreement ?
A Reseller Agreement is a contract that permits another party to re-sell or distribute products on behalf of a supplier, manufacturer or wholesaler.
Depending on the nature of the commercial relationship, a Reseller Agreement can be quite complex.
The agreement will set out the terms and conditions of the arrangement between both parties to help secure your revenue streams, limit liability and set out the rights and responsibilities of the parties.
What’s Included In A Reseller Agreement?
Some of the key terms included in a Reseller Agreement include:
- Delivery: How are the products to be delivered? What will happen if the goods are damaged?
- Exclusivity: Can the manufacturer or supplier appoint other resellers within the State or Territory?
- Payment: How will the reseller be paid for their services? How will the reseller pay the supplier for goods or services?
- Term: For what length of time will the agreement run? Will it renew?
- Termination: How can the agreement be terminated?
Need Help With A Reseller Agreement?
A well-drafted Reseller Agreement will ensure your business is protected legally and will cover you if something were to go wrong.
Having a lawyer draft your Reseller Agreement will give you clarity around the terms on which you’re engaging with users.
At Sprintlaw, we focus on drafting easy to understand and comprehensive contracts for many online businesses.
Feel free to get in touch with us to have a chat about your business and your questions about a Reseller Agreement. You can reach us by giving us a call on 1800 730 617 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Need legal help?
Get a free, fixed-fee quote.
We'll get back to you within 1 business day.