If you own software, then chances are you have enlisted a third party to sell or license it. Hiring a third party seller is an efficient way to get your product out there, however a number of considerations need to be made for your protection.
A Software Reseller Agreement will ensure you have all the necessary safeguards to proceed without worry.
What Is A Software Reseller Agreement?
A Software Reseller Agreement is a legally binding agreement between the third party seller and yourself. It will cover:
- Your liability from the actions of the third party
- Secure your revenue streams
- Protect your ownership
- Set out relevant limitations
- Clarify the rights and responsibilities of all parties involved
Software reseller agreements are drafted to be unique to business’ specific needs. Therefore, it is not strictly limited to what it can and cannot include.
Why Do I Need A Software Reseller Agreement?
Having a third party sell your product has many benefits including a wider customer base and exposure. The downside is that you can’t be in control of the seller’s actions, so it’s important your liabilities are protected. Furthermore, it’s essential to distinguish the finances, roles, and ownership regarding your product.
Having clear lines and boundaries ensure that all parties are aware of their expected conduct. Failure to communicate and have this in a legally binding agreement can lead to disputes.
Our team at Sprintlaw can draft your software reseller agreement, keeping your best interests in mind.
Our Software Reseller Agreement package includes:
- Drafting a Software Reseller Agreement in accordance with the requirements of your business
- Phone consultations (up to 60 minutes) with a Sprintlaw lawyer who will take your instructions, advise you on the legal issues you need to know and answer your questions about the agreement
- 1 complimentary amendment to the final draft we provide you, as long as you request the amendment within 10 business days of us delivering the final draft
If you would like a consultation on your options going forward, you can reach us at 1800 730 617 or email@example.com for a free, no-obligations chat.
Get your FREE quote now.
We'll get back to you within 1 business day.