Social media has become an easy way for businesses to promote their business and market their products and services. One of the most common methods of enhancing their online presence is by working with ambassadors.
When businesses team up with influencers and other high-profile individuals, it can mean great news for their marketing efforts. However, it’s important not to lose sight of your legals.
Like any other arrangement with other parties, you need to think about things like:
- How will I pay or compensate them?
- Are there any standards or rules around what they are posting?
- What sort of IP should they have access to?
- What can they say about our business on social media?
- What if they want to terminate the agreement?
These are all things that would be covered by a Brand Ambassador Agreement.
What Does A Brand Ambassador Agreement Cover?
A standard Brand Ambassador Agreement will cover things like:
- The terms and conditions the ambassador needs to agree to
- IP Licence
- Limitation of liability (think about Indemnity Clauses)
Why Do I Need A Brand Ambassador Agreement?
It’s important for you to have a written agreement with your ambassadors because you will be sharing a lot of inside information and IP with them. You’re also allowing them to represent your brand on an online platform for a wide range of audiences to see, so your brand reputation is also at stake here.
Your agreement can clarify what the ambassador can and can’t do so that you can protect your business’ reputation, privacy and other important information.
What Else Might I Need?
If you’re working with ambassadors, you might also want to look into Non-Disclosure Agreements or Confidentiality Clauses. This protects your IP from being misused by other parties, which could potentially damage your brand.
It also strengthens protection of any trade secrets you might have, and reduces the risk of defamation.
Where Can I Get A Brand Ambassador Agreement?
Our lawyers at Sprintlaw can draft a Brand Ambassador Agreement for your business. We work closely with you to ensure the clauses of your agreement are suited to your specific arrangement and we can discuss any other changes or preferences you might have.
We offer a Brand Ambassador Agreement package which includes:
- Drafting a Brand Ambassador Agreement in accordance with the requirements of your business
- Phone consultations with a Sprintlaw lawyer who will take your instructions and advise you on the legal issues that apply to you
- A complimentary amendment to the final draft we provide you, as long as you request the amendment within 10 business days of us delivering the final draft
Working with ambassadors requires close consideration of a number of legals, as you’re allowing access to inside information about your brand and reputation.
If you would like a consultation on your options going forward, you can reach us at 1800 730 617 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free, no-obligations chat.
Get your FREE quote now.
We'll get back to you within 1 business day.