As a small business ourselves, we understand that this is a challenging, stressful time for so many in our community. We hope you’re taking care of yourselves despite all that’s going on.
To help you navigate these times and understand your legal obligations, we’ve assembled a collection of resources to keep you up to date with the latest developments affecting small businesses.
This page is a live resource, so be sure to check back regularly for the most up-to-date information in this rapidly changing environment.
Handy Government Resources
- Information on the Federal Government’s JobKeeper payment
- Fair Work Ombudsman’s guide to Coronavirus & Australian workplace laws
- The ACCC’s Coronavirus information page for small businesses
- Info on the Federal Government’s hold on commercial tenancy evictions
- Information on the ATO’s working from home tax shortcut
- Beyond Blue’s mental health resources for business owners
- Austrade’s updates on importing and exporting during Coronavirus
- Our tips for protecting your business in the face of event cancellations
- Our guide to moving your business online
- Signing contracts in an age of social distancing: our guide to using e-signatures
- Contracts & Coronavirus: what happens if you can’t meet your obligations?
- Is Your Commercial Lease Affected By The Coronavirus Shutdown? Find Out More About The Mandatory Code of Conduct
- Managing Your Employees During Coronavirus
- Reducing Staff Hours Or Terminating Employees During Coronavirus: Your Legal Options
- My Supplier Can’t Perform Due To Coronavirus. What Are My Rights?
- Is My Business Eligible For The JobKeeper Payment?
- JobKeeper Eligibility For Startups And Growth Companies – The Alternative Tests
- What You Need To Know About Voluntary Administration
- What is a ‘COVID-Safe’ Workplace?
- Getting Back to Work after Coronavirus
- What is Employee Stand Down?
- New Changes to Insolvency Laws: Do They Affect Your Business?
How We Can Help
Above all, we hope you stay safe during these tough times. After years of helping Australian small businesses, we’re committed to doing whatever we can to keep this community thriving. We’d love to help our clients boost their businesses – so please get in touch at email@example.com if you’d like to promote your business to our network.