As a small business ourselves, we understand that this is a challenging, stressful time for so many in our community. We hope you’re taking care of yourselves despite all that’s going on.
To help you navigate these times and understand your legal obligations, we’ve assembled a collection of resources to keep you up to date with the latest developments affecting small businesses.
This page is a live resource, so be sure to check back regularly for the most up-to-date information in this rapidly changing environment.
Handy Government Resources
- Information on the Federal Government’s JobKeeper payment
- Fair Work Ombudsman’s guide to Coronavirus & Australian workplace laws
- The ACCC’s Coronavirus information page for small businesses
- Info on the Federal Government’s hold on commercial tenancy evictions
- Information on the ATO’s working from home tax shortcut
- Beyond Blue’s mental health resources for business owners
- Austrade’s updates on importing and exporting during Coronavirus
- Our tips for protecting your business in the face of event cancellations
- Our guide to moving your business online
- Signing contracts in an age of social distancing: our guide to using e-signatures
- Contracts & Coronavirus: what happens if you can’t meet your obligations?
- Is Your Commercial Lease Affected By The Coronavirus Shutdown? Find Out More About The Mandatory Code of Conduct
- Managing Your Employees During Coronavirus
- Reducing Staff Hours Or Terminating Employees During Coronavirus: Your Legal Options
- My Supplier Can’t Perform Due To Coronavirus. What Are My Rights?
- Is My Business Eligible For The JobKeeper Payment?
- JobKeeper Eligibility For Startups And Growth Companies – The Alternative Tests
- What You Need To Know About Voluntary Administration
- What is a ‘COVID-Safe’ Workplace?
- Getting Back to Work after Coronavirus
- What is Employee Stand Down?
- New Changes to Insolvency Laws: Do They Affect Your Business?
How We Can Help
With so much going on at the moment, it can be hard to know where to begin when it comes to legally protecting your business in the face of COVID-19.
As a totally online law firm, we’re committed to doing whatever we can to remotely support you. Here are some of our COVID-19 support packages to help you during this time:
- 50% off Contract Reviews. If COVID-19 has affected your business’ commercial contracts, our lawyers can review your contract and provide advice on the next steps you should take. Learn more.
- $350 Legal Consults For Employers. As an employer, you likely have a lot of questions about managing your employees during COVID-19. Our lawyers can provide an in-depth consultation to guide you through your options. Learn more.
- Discounted Contract Redrafts. Our lawyers can help with redrafting your business’ contracts to address any immediate issues you’re facing due to the rise of COVID-19. We’ll also be able to strengthen your contract so you’re protected in the future. Learn more.
Above all, we hope you stay safe during these tough times. After years of helping Australian small businesses, we’re committed to doing whatever we can to keep this community thriving. We’d love to help our clients boost their businesses – so please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to promote your business to our network.