$8800 + GST
Online Legal Assistance
Business Sale Agreement
WHAT’S IT FOR?
If you are buying a business, it is important that you ensure that everything is in order before you pay the purchase price. It can be a complex process, and it’s a good idea to seek legal advice to ensure you get a good deal.
We will assist you in buying the assets of a business.
This package includes:
Pre-signing of Contract:
- Initial discussion with you to obtain your instructions;
- Review of the Business Sale Agreement and one round of changes.
- High level review of the Lease and advice to you in respect of same; and
- Undertake the following searches of the Vendor/business:
- Company search;
- GST registration;
- Business name search;
- Trade marks search;
- PPSR search (to ensure that there are no security interests over the assets).
- Review of the Deed of Assignment & Variation of Lease and making one round of changes to the Deed of Assignment & Variation;
- Provide you with advice on any security interests affecting the assets;
- Liaise with the Vendor’s lawyer to ensure that all relevant security interests are removed from the PPSR at settlement;
- Provide you with advice on your obligations under the Contract and steps to be completed by you and dates (by way of a checklist);
- Schedule Settlement; and
- Review Settlement Statement (including liaising with you in respect of adjustments for stock and employee entitlements).
- Provide you with advice as to any Post Settlement steps you should attend to; and Register the business name to you (if required).
Please note that this is a limited scope package and it does not include us conducting any due diligence on the business, physically attending signing/settlement, dealing with the transfer of any motor vehicle, negotiations other than as set out above, or tax advice (including GST and stamp duty implications of the transaction).
This scope also assumes that the transaction does not involve any employment or other regulatory compliance issues.