$2145 + GST
SHARE BUYBACK AGREEMENT
WHAT’S IT FOR?
A share buyback occurs when a company buys back shares from its shareholders. This reduces the total number of shares issued by the company and increases the proportionate ownership of the remaining shareholders.
The buy back procedure is carefully regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). To give proper effect to a buyback and avoid running into serious trouble with ASIC, a company must follow a set of important administrative procedures. An experienced lawyer can help guide the business through this process.
We will assist you with the share buyback process, including drafting and lodging all necessary legal documents.
This package includes:
- Guidance on share buyback process and the kinds of permissions and disclosures you need to communicate with the shareholders
- Drafting the Share Buyback Agreement in accordance with your requirements
- Preparing and lodging Form 280 and other required notices with ASIC
- Phone consultations (up to 60 minutes) with a Sprintlaw lawyer who will take your instructions, advise you on the legal issues you need to know and answer your questions about the document
- 1 x complimentary amendment to the final draft we provide you, as long as you request the amendment within 10 business days of us delivering the final draft
Please note that this package does not include us conducting any due diligence on the company, advising on tax or direct negotiations, attending signing or settlement or any correspondence with the counterparty or their lawyers.
This scope also assumes that the transaction does not involve reviewing the company constitution, employment or other compliance issues.