What are the important legal documents and requirements for opening a healthcare or medical practice in Australia?
To open a healthcare or medical practice in Australia, you will need to prepare and register a variety of legal documents. Key requirements include:
- Registering your business name with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
- Obtaining Workers' compensation insurance and business insurance (e.g. professional indemnity, public liability).
- Securing Council approval (if operating from a commercial premise) and a lease agreement (if renting premises).
- Registering with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Having Health and safety policies and procedures in place.
- Complying with privacy and data protection policies and procedures.
Need Legal Help?
Enter your details to get started