What are the primary legal documents and requirements for starting a hospitality or tourism business in Australia?
To start a hospitality or tourism business in Australia, you will need to prepare and register a variety of legal documents. Key requirements include:
- Registering your business name with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
- Obtaining Workers' compensation insurance and business insurance (e.g. public liability, property damage).
- Securing Council approval (e.g. building, planning, environmental health) and a lease agreement (if renting premises).
- Having Health and safety policies and procedures in place.
- Obtaining any tourism industry specific licenses and permits (e.g. accommodation, tour operator, travel agent).
Need Legal Help?
Enter your details to get started