What are the key legal documents and obligations for establishing a restaurant or café business in Australia?
To set up a restaurant or café business in Australia, you will need to prepare and register a variety of legal documents. Key requirements include:
- Registering your business name with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
- Obtaining a Food business registration and implementing a food safety program.
- Obtaining a liquor license if serving alcohol.
- Getting Workers' compensation insurance and business insurance (e.g. public liability, property damage).
- Securing Council approval (e.g. building, planning, environmental health) and a lease agreement (if renting premises).
- Obtaining a trade waste agreement with the local council.
- Having Health and safety policies and procedures in place.
Need Legal Help?
Enter your details to get started