What are the essential legal documents and regulations for setting up a technology or software development company in Australia?
To set up a technology or software development company in Australia, you will need to prepare and register a variety of legal documents. Key requirements include:
- Registering your business name with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
- Obtaining Workers' compensation insurance and business insurance (e.g. public liability, professional indemnity).
- Securing Council approval (if operating from a commercial premise) and a lease agreement (if renting premises).
- Protecting your intellectual property (e.g. patents, trademarks).
- Complying with data protection and privacy policies and procedures.
Need Legal Help?
Enter your details to get started