What are the significant legal documents and prerequisites for setting up an education or training business in Australia?
To set up an education or training business in Australia, you will need to prepare and register a variety of legal documents. Key requirements include:
- Registering your business name with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
- Obtaining Workers' compensation insurance and business insurance (e.g. public liability, professional indemnity).
- Securing Council approval (if operating from a commercial premise) and a lease agreement (if renting premises).
- Having Health and safety policies and procedures in place.
- Complying with privacy and data protection policies and procedures.
- Registering with relevant industry bodies (e.g. vocational education and training providers, language schools).
Need Legal Help?
Enter your details to get started