What Are Venue Hire Agreements?
If you are in the events industry, you’ll likely be reaching out to various venues to host your different events. Or, if you own a venue that you hire out for event organisers, you’re probably looking to attract clients to your space.
Either way, before you hire out a space, it’s imperative you have a Venue Hire Agreement that sets out the terms and conditions under which the venue will be hired.
The content of these agreements will vary depending on the venue being hired and the purpose of the venue hire.
Why Do I Need It?
It is important to make sure that when you’re hiring out the venue, the description of the venue is clear so customers know what to expect.
It is also important that if you’re hiring out other things (such as tables, chairs, karaoke machines or catering equipment, for example), these are reflected in the agreement.
And, if you’re offering staff members and their services as part of the hire, this also needs to be reflected in the contract,
What Do Venue Hire Agreements Include?
- A description of the venue: What parts of the venue are made available in the venue hire? What parts of the venue can customers access?
- Term of the hire: How long is the hire term? At what time does the venue have to be given back?
- Payment: Is there a deposit or a bond being kept? When will the full payment be due?
- Customer obligations: Does the customer have to leave the venue in a particular condition? Is there anything else they have to do to the venue before returning it to the hirer?
- Damaged goods: In what condition does the venue or the equipment have to be left? What are the penalties imposed for damaged goods or venue damage?
Need Help With A Venue Hire Agreement?
Having a properly drafted Venue Hire Agreement is important to make sure your venue is protected, and secures your payments and other legal risks.
If you don’t have legal experience, it can be hard to know whether you have it right and whether you’re protecting your income source appropriately!
Having a lawyer draft your Venue Hire Agreement will give you and your hiree clarity around your arrangement. It’ll also relieve you from the stresses associated with the legal side of your business, so you can focus on what you love to do!
At Sprintlaw, we have a team of experienced lawyers who can assist you with drafting a Venue Hire Agreement.
Get in touch with us at email@example.com or give us a call at 1800 730 617.
Have a question?
Get your FREE quote now.
We'll get back to you within 1 business day.