1800 730 617      
All Questions Business Set Up Do I need qualifications to start my own education or training business?
Answering your
legal questions

Do I need qualifications to start my own education or training business?


The qualifications you may need will depend on the type of education business or services you are providing. In addition, these requirements can differ depending on the state or territory in which you are conducting business.

Generally speaking, however, if you are going to be working closely with young students and children, you'll need to obtain a Working With Children Check.

Furthermore, you need to consider IP laws that apply to you, especially if you'll be reproducing content for educational purposes. In these cases, it's wise to include copyright disclaimers in your content and T&Cs for students to sign when they engage with your business.

If you're looking to become a teacher, you'll need to hold the relevant degree and other specific qualifications to teach in a certain area or at a certain level.

Rowan is the Marketing Coordinator at Sprintlaw. She is studying law and psychology with a background in insurtech and brand experience, and now helps Sprintlaw help small businesses

Need Legal Help?
Ask Us!

Enter your details to get started

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

* Proceeding confirms you agree to our Privacy Policy

Your legals made easy

ENQUIRE NOW CALL US 1800 730 617

Hi there!

You're visiting Sprintlaw . Would you like to switch to Sprintlaw ?