What legal documents do I need to start a hairdressing business?
To establish a hairdressing business in Australia, you will need to prepare and register a variety of legal documents. Key requirements include:
- Registering your business name with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
- Obtaining Workers' compensation insurance and business insurance (e.g. public liability, professional indemnity).
- Securing Council approval (if operating from a commercial premise) and a lease agreement (if renting premises).
- Having Health and safety policies and procedures in place.
- Complying with privacy and data protection policies and procedures.
- Obtaining an Australian Business Number (ABN) and registering for Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Need Legal Help?
Enter your details to get started